The Practice: Kickstart Your Day with a Song

I don't know about you, but since I exist in a society that maps out the life experience with calendars, two days in the year act as clean slates for me, January first and my birthday.  On these two days, the first song I listen to makes all the difference in the world to me.  Music is after all energy and energy is the currency we use in the practice of manifestation.  So ask yourself if you want to manifest love or fear in your life.

Personally, though I don't feel it all the time, love is my favorite feeling/emotion.  How can you argue with love, a kind of chocolate balm for the soul, not to mention, the mind, heart, and body.  Believe me when I tell you that all the cells in your body prefer to love and be in love with the world, and if you can't find love through any other means, find it through music with loving intention.

So ask yourself, what song kick started your year? Did you have control over what song was chosen, or did someone else choose it for you? Did you hear your first song walking into a shopping mall or a church, or someone's home? Or were you proactive and pulled out a favorite CD or compilation that you made for yourself? Did you pull out a song from your musical toolkit? Was it a yoga kirtan or hard rock with mean spirited lyrics? Obviously if you're reading a blog post on a healing music blog, it was closer to the kirtan than to the angry rant.  I hope so anyway.

I started 2011 off with Bob Marley's "One Love" and I followed up with other tracks from the album "Exodus" and currently I'm listening to a compilation of Mozart's masterpieces.  I figured that the birds would enjoy starting the year off with old Wolfgang, and sure enough, they're flying by the window in a joyful manner.  Can't really blame them--so much for the birdbrain theory.  If these birds listen to Mozart then they raise their IQs and soon, they'll possess more intelligence than humans who listen to angry rants (joke).  But you must wonder, right?

So get started on the right note, sing a happy tune, and empower your own destiny.  Don't let the sound systems in shopping centers and grocery stores do that for you. Turn off the radio and play your favorite recording, unless the radio station plays music with loving intent (possible), community radio is your best option, and second to that are classical radio stations.

I wish you the best in 2011.  Let's enlighten the world about the healing power of music one friend and colleague at a time.  I offer this challenge to you.  Music is our most powerful medicine and we enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre