FYI: Updates on Posts

As I'm updating the images (that were recently deleted) of the 590 posts, a few things caught my attention.  First, I lost a few of the CD images permanently and I don't have time to track down images.  Second, many of the CD reviews have only received 2 or 3 visits in the 2 or 3 years.  This implies to me that the musicians or labels who sent me the CDs have either done little promotion on their behalf or haven't pasted the link to the WME review on their websites, blogs or mentioned the reviews on a social network.

Since Google/Blogger did not start gathering stats until 2010, any review prior to that date won't reflect its true traffic.  Most reviews receive their peak of traffic within two weeks of the post.  Some posts however, such as the Peyote Song article have overtime drawn steady traffic.  Ravi Shankar reviews have also drawn heavy traffic along with some Native American recordings.  Classical music traffic needs improvement as does folkloric recordings, to my dismay.

I want to remind labels and musicians that I'm happy to write and post the reviews, and even post reviews one time on my social networks, but the rest of the work is up to you.  Because of low traffic on some types of music or for reviews of independent musicians, I'm reluctant to review any CD without a publicist or marketing person behind its success.  It's not enough for one lone music reviewer to support a musician's work.  And please understand the time and attention it takes to review a CD.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre